Defining print request attributessuggest change
Sometimes we need to determine some aspects of the print request. We will call them attribute.
Are examples of print request attributes:
- amount of copies (1, 2 etc),
- orientation (portrait or landscape)
- chromacity (monochrome, color)
- quality (draft, normal, high)
- sides (one-sided, two-sided etc)
- and so on…
Before choosing one of them and which value each one will have, first we need to build a set of attributes:
PrintRequestAttributeSet pras = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
Now we can add them. Some examples are:
pras.add(new Copies(5)); pras.add(MediaSize.ISO_A4); pras.add(OrientationRequested.PORTRAIT); pras.add(PrintQuality.NORMAL);
pras object now can be sent to the print job request (see Creating a print job from a print service).